You know those project that go really well. Too well? That’s how my front door project was going. My husband found this door for me at Stardust in Mesa. It was $20. He knew I’d love it so he stuffed it into the trunk of his car and brought it home. I took one look at it and was smitten.
Then we turned it over and saw that whoever owned it first, also owned a dog that had a small bladder.
So I slapped on some wood filler, sanded it down, and painted it black. Then I went to hang it with my husband and his bum knee (he just had surgery).
The hinges aligned perfectly. The door was almost the EXACT size as my old one. It was a sign. It hung like a dream (that’s what… nevermind). The old hardware fit perfectly as well and went in really easy.
Right when I was super impressed with myself, I went to shut it and the lock and the doo-hicky that keeps the door shut were off about 1/2″. Boo. Being the woman I am, I had to use pretty much everything else except a chisel to fix it. Flat head screw driver and a hammer, a drill with a bit, a kitchen knife, you know… the things I had in my purse. It all worked in the end though. Even if it took 6 hours longer than it should have. The windows let in so much more light now!